1. Your puppy is used to eating NUTRI SOURCE SMALL/MEDIUM BREED PUPPY FOOD. If you wish to feed something else, make the change gradually.
We recommend that you feed this for the first 10-12 months. A change in the recommended diet may result in diarrhea, loss of appetite, and/or weight loss. The puppy should not be fed human/table food. If this occurs at an early age the puppy will not want to eat dog food, it will get spoiled with table food.
2. For the first week you have your puppy, we would like you to let the feed out all the time, until she/he gets settled in and comfortable in his/her new home. Then you should feed your puppy at least 3 times a day. Or if the puppy is going to be home alone during the day, he/she should have feed and water available during those hours.
3. You should offer your puppy 1/4-1/2 cup at every feeding. Don't worry if they do not eat it all, our opinion is that it is better to offer them more not less. It is very important that your puppy is getting enough to eat, puppies use a lot of energy. There will also be feeding guidelines on the back of the feed bag. Make sure you increase the amount of food as the puppy grows.
4. REMEMBER TO HAVE CLEAN, FRESH WATER AVAILABLE FOR YOUR PUPPY AT ALL TIMES.
WHEN I GET MY PUPPY HOME AND SETTLED, WHAT IF HE/SHE WON’T EAT ANYTHING??
1. When you first get your puppy home, they are going to be so busy exploring and playing that they will not even be thinking about eating. They may not eat until the next morning. Upon arrival, you should show your puppy where their feeding place will be. You should feed them in the same place all the time, then they will know where to find their feed and water.
2. If you feel that a long period of time has gone by (24 hours) and your puppy has not eaten anything, try these suggestions:
A. Put warm water on the puppy feed and let soak for 5 minutes, then after the 5 minutes, drain off the excess water and offer the moist feed to your puppy.
B. Mix a small amount of warm milk with the puppy feed (you don't want the puppy feed floating in milk, just enough to moisten the feed a little and so the puppy can taste the milk). You don't want to make a habit of feeding this way, the milk can result in diarrhea.
C. Buy some CESAR PUPPY FEED (this is a moist puppy feed, found in the canned dog feed section, it is not in a can, it is in a tray) and mix this with the Iams puppy feed.
D. If you have tried all of these suggestions and your puppy is still not eating, you should take them to a vet and have them checked.
© 2003-2016 ppffarmskennel.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed by: Petwebdesigner.com